Friday, May 25, 2012

Stash Challenge @ My Scraps & More

Happy Friday!  It's finally here.  This has been a long week for some reason.  I just finished sweeping, mopping & dusting, and have a load of laundry going, so now it's scrappy time!  I want to share a layout today that I actually made a few weeks ago for one of my monthly DT challenges at My Scraps and More.  I love stash challenges because you get to dig into your old stuff and use it up.  And I know you have tons of it stored away.  The new lines come in and take over, and then we have quite the collection going on!

For this challenge, the only papers you could use needed to be from a 4x6 mat stack or a 6x6 paper pack.  The background could be 12x12, of course, but everything else has to be smaller.  I have several DCWV 4x6 stacks that I've had for years, and they're just sitting there.  Why not use them up?  I also dug into the archives of my K & Company embellishments and found a chipboard sticker sheet that went perfectly with my papers.

Here is what I came up with.  I love the soft colors against the kraft cardstock.



If you want more inspiration on a daily basis, join us on the forums at My Scraps and More. There is literally at least one challenge a day going on over there, and it's so much fun! Don't forget about the shop as well...lots of new Echo Park & October Afternoon in stock! We are also gearing up for a summer-long contest that is chock full of challenges! I appreciate your visit...thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful one, Missy! This one reminds me of ice cream, or cotton candy, such yummy colors!!! It sure feels good to use up the old stuff, doesn't it? I need to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way this week Missy!! I kept thinking all day yesterday that it was Friday!! You really rocked the challenge on this one!! I love how you used the smaller stacks and I think those colors look awesome against the kraft paper! And I always love your cute, little twine bows!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking ice cream too! The neopolitan kind! Love this layout very much!

    ReplyDelete