Friday, July 13, 2012

A few pages for My Scraps & More

Happy  Friday!  I wanted to share two pages today that I created for two different challenges at My Scraps & More recently.  If you haven't heard, the My Scraps Got Talent II Contest is in full swing.  It lasts all summer long, and it's filled with awesome sketches from some talented ladies.  Each sketch has a twist added in.  I hosted one of the challenges, and I got to play with this amazing sketch from Julie Bonner.


I wound up flipping the sketch for my page.  I used some photos of my daughter and me from a summer field trip two years ago.  Her summer camp group went for a train ride.  It was our very first time riding a train, and we had a great time!  I misted a circle first and then stitched a few more around it.  I used papers from MME's On the Bright Side.  I just love these primary colors and the denim!  The twist for this challenge was to use at least 3 different punches.



My next page was for yesterdays {play} challenge. It involved using something "wooden" or wood-related on your page. I used three different woodgrain papers from MME's On the Bright Side.


I based this layout on one of the Got Talent sketches from Kristine Davidson. Once again, I flipped it.

You still have plenty of time to join in on the fun & games! You won't want to miss it. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love them both!!!! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such delightful LO's, Missy!! Love the misted/stitched circle - amazing!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are BOTH FANTASTIC! I really love what you did with the circle on the first layout! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! I love all of the little extras on your layouts. So much to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both layout, especially the stitching:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used these MME papers, Missy!! This has been one of my most favorite collections from them!! And I always love the cute little embroidery floss bows you tie through your buttons!! Such amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete