Friday, October 19, 2012

Trick or Treat @ My Scraps and More

Hey there, scrappy friends!  It's Friday...woo hoo!   I hope you find some time to scrap today.  I wanted to let you know what's happening over at My Scraps and More.  The Trick or Treat Crop started this morning, and it runs through Sunday.  There are seven challenges up today and another seven will go up tomorrow.  Please come join us HERE!  It's lots of fun and the grand prize is awesome!



While I'm here, I'm going to share my latest DT projects featuring the My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found Halloween collection. I really love making Halloween pages.  They're just so fun & festive.  These papers have lots of black and orange, and even though the papers & embellishments ARE for Halloween, you can clearly make pages that aren't Halloween-related at all.  This first page features a picture of my daughter giving me her "Get that camera out of my face right now" face...haha!  I wanted to play off the "poison" and "danger" feel of this, so I added some black paint drips and splatters and some spider web stamps. 







These pictures were from the pumpkin patch, and two years ago, my little Paige was terrified of the pumpkins for some reason.  The look on her face says it all...poor kid!  But you know us crazy scrappers...happy or sad, we're going to take a picture of it...haha!







Another page that doesn't show Halloween photos...just some shots of Reese screaming at the top of her lungs for whatever reason.  I liked that the Halloween papers played off the photos & title nicely :)







Finally, I altered this cheap wooden pen & pencil holder.  Or it could hold Halloween candy!  I'm sure you could find lots of uses for it.  I got it at Michael's a few years ago and it was just sitting on my shelf collecting dust.  It needed to be dressed up, and these papers & embellies were a perfect match :)





As always, you can purchase this awesome line at the My Scraps store right HERE.  It's a fun line to work with, and the embellishments are so much fun.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Hope to see you at the Crop!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts Missy!! Love the use of the MME on all of these!!! And your pencil holder turned out really cool!! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great "Spooky" LOs and paper projects you have made here with lovely bright colours and fun details and emellishments.

    ReplyDelete