Saturday, February 2, 2013

A few My Scraps layouts & a goodbye

Thank goodness it's the weekend, right?!  It's a gorgeous sunny day here in Florida.  We've pretty much just skipped over winter, and I'm perfectly okay with that :)

Before I get to my pages, I want to let you know (in case you didn't already) that ScrapFIT has closed it's bloggy doors.  While I am sad about this, I completely understand how difficult it is to run a challenge blog.  Sara Zenger has been an amazing scrappy boss, and I will miss being her Warm-Up Coach.  ScrapFIT was one of my very first design teams, and I was a part of it for two years.  I want to thank Sara for giving little old me a chance when I first started out.  I'm also going to miss working with the DT members...such amazing talent.  I had a wonderful time, and I have a bunch of layouts to look back on and say, "I did that for ScrapFIT."  Lots of fun memories I won't soon forget :)

Now, on to happier things...like sharing pages!  I have three pages that I created for various goings-on at My Scraps and More recently.  This first page uses last week's Sketch from the My Scraps Sketch Blog...it's #13.  I used the Studio Calico Heyday collection.  This also was for a challenge in our One Little Word Crop...the challenges was to use the word "happy" on your page.  Books make my little Reese happy, so it was a perfect fit ;) 


This layout went up on the blog today.  I'm using up what's left of the Echo Park So Happy Together collection...one of my faves!  There are a few odds & ends thrown in, but it's mostly EP.  I put the Cameo to use to create that circle background...I love how it turned out!  Very easy to make.


Finally, I created this page for this past Wednesday's {word} challenge.  "Remember" was the word to use.  I used up more of the October Afternoon Witch Hazel collection with a little bit of Fancy Pants thrown in.  I had to add in some pink since her shirt was pink.  I really like orange & pink together for some reason.  Again, I used the Cameo to cut the Remember frame & the word "fall."  I love that it can cut ANY font!  I love how it welds letters together...I'm so addicted.


Well, that's it for me today.  I need to get crackin' on some more pages...lots of fun challenges coming up.  Plus I just got my hands on some of the new MME and I can't wait to cut it up :)

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages Missy. I love your stitching. So sad to see ScrapFit end but I know there will be inspiring posts on everyone's personal blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All amazing work Missy!! Awesome use of the Hey Day on your first page! I still have a lot of that, I need to use too!! :) I love the Silhouette circles on your second page and that you backed them with the different color papers! And I like Pink and Orange together too!! It is such a fun mix on your last layout!! I am sad about ScrapFIT too!! I will miss working with you there!!

    ReplyDelete