Monday, April 29, 2013

So Many Ways to Love Her {My Creative Scrapbook}

It's Monday again...they just keep on coming, don't they?  I'm sharing my final project featuring the April Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  This one was my favorite of all my projects this month.  I used a lot of the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes washi tape paper included in the kit, as well as a lot of paint.  Lately, I'm loving starting with a plain white piece of cardstock and making it work with what I have.  I watered down some paints here and used a foam brush to spread it around.  Super easy!


I cut this arrow and the word "love" with my Cameo.


These Thickers are originally brown, but I colored them to match my paint colors.  I have a tutorial below showing how I did it.


I just LOVE this butterfly!  I crinkled him up some to give him some interest and depth.


A close up of that lovely washi paper!


Here's a little tutorial on my alpha painting :)


I hope this inspires you to get out your paints and create something unique!  Don't be afraid to get messy...that's the fun in it!  I can't wait to show you what I've been working on with the May kit from MCS...the reveal of that kit is coming on the 5th, so stay tuned!  You won't want to miss it :)

Have a GREAT day, and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome layout missy! I agree with you, lately I love to take plain paper and make my own background but you make it a true art form :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, such another wonderful page!! I need to play around with paints more, but I am too scared! I love how you changed the colors of those thickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout totally caught my eye in Feedly this morning! So much fantastic color and whimsy. That photo is the bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is completely beautiful. I love it. You are so good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea and a wonderful result!! Love this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is so amazing and colourful. Love all the washi tapeand painted letters
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW!!! What an awesome layout! Love your use of paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable page Missy!! All of the colors in the background are so fun, and I love the way you changed the color of the alphas in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this!!! The background you've created is so bright, and I love how you doodled around the paint and the tape.

    ReplyDelete