Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A fun and HAPPY layout :)

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're doing well today.  I'm so excited to share this layout with you...it's one of my favorites so far!  I created it last week for a Saturday Steal Challenge over at My Scraps and More.  I lifted a page from the super talented Wendi Robinson, who is also a fellow DT member.  She used a big sunburst on her page, so I was immediately drawn to it.  I pulled out my sunburst stencil and watercolors and went to work.

All of my papers and most of my embellishments are from the Bella Blvd Snapshots and Daily Chevies collections.  I'm not a huge Bella scrapper, but these lines were just too cute to pass up!


This camera stamp is one of my new favorite items.  It's from a little set I picked up at Michael's a few weeks ago.  It's Recollections, and I have to say that every stamp I've ever bought from that brand is awesome.  They stamp so clearly and perfectly every time....no sticking and no unevenness.  And some pink floss to throw in a little bit more color in that area.  That is such a great and easy way to add a color splash!  And it's fun to just tangle up some thread and glue it down!  You can't mess it up.


A template, some modeling paste, some watercolors, a black pen to outline and some stamps...the greatest way to create texture, add interest, and make a mess all at the same time :)  FUN!


Paper layers are my favorite.  I love these arrow stickers, and I used a few pop dots to raise it up.  I also added a few more stamps here and there.  This little triangle/arrow stamp is from the Glitz Wild & Free collection.  I love it and have been using it a lot.


You should come check out our boards if you haven't....lots of fun challenges going on and monthly prizes are given away.  Our store's new owner, Audrey Yeager, is busy getting all the inventory set up for all of us!  She is setting up shop up in New York, and everything should be ready to go February 1st.  I know she'll have sooooo many of the new CHA lines when they become available, so be sure to keep checking in HERE for updates!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. very cool page! love the bright colors and sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pages are fun. Looks like you have only bright and happy papers in your stash)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun layout Missy!! Always enjoy your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Missy!! Love the way you used the Bella papers and the sunburst looks amazing! So many fun details going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is AWESOME!!!! I love the black outlining work you did, it really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete