Friday, June 20, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #85

Hey there!  If you're looking for a fun sketch to play with this weekend, then look no further :)  My Scraps Sketch Blog has another one up today, and it's a great one!  Check it out:


I flipped it on its side.  I used some of the lovely Daydreamer collection from American Crafts.  I just ooh and aahh over it every time I pull it out...it's just so pretty!  This is a picture from few years ago of Reese and one of her favorite therapists.  I had to document her on a layout since she was very special to us :)  I used a circle template and some gelatos to create some subtle circles on my background sheet.  I inked heavily around the edges with black ink and added stamping, doodling and washi tape.  I like the contrast of the black against the soft pinks, yellows and aqua.  I think this layout turned out sort of soft and feminine, yet grungy at the same time.  Sometimes I have no idea where a layout will take me...I just go with what feels right at the time.


Lots of layers here...paper, stickers, thread and a button.


I used drywall tape to cover this chipboard arrow, and then I went over it with gesso and a blue gelato.  Pretty cool effect!  I love layering chipboard, too.


The white gelato left a ring around the circles when I traced through the stencil, but I kind of like how it looks.  I added in a bit of blue for a shadow effect.


Okay, so these rub-ons don't "rub on" that well.  Lots of places refused to transfer on to my paper.  So I sort of had to color her in the rest of the way.  That's my only complaint about this collection...the rest is completely fabulous!


Head on over the Sketch Blog HERE to see the rest of the team's layouts and to upload yours!   You could win a huge Simple Stories prize pack!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I so love your take on the sketch Missy!!! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, I have never seen a page of yours that I dont like. Such a beautiful girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet page!! Love the way how you use colors =)

    ReplyDelete