Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tickle Monster / My Mind's Eye Enamel Shapes

Hey there!  I wanted to share a layout I created for My Mind's Eye this month.  I'm up on the blog HERE today :)

I just love all the different Enamel Shapes that come with all the My Mind’s Eye collections nowadays! For my layout today, I dug into the new Necessities collections. I used lots of the Teals and Blues, which look really great together. I decided to create a mixed media page and really focus on those fun Enamel Shapes. I started out with plain white cardstock and covered it with gesso. Next, I pulled out my watercolors and created a pretty multi-colored wash for my background. I sorted through the Teal and Blue 6x6 Paper Pads and picked various shades and patterns to create some layering behind my photos. I knew I wanted to center my cluster and then use embellishments all around it. You can see lots of the Enamel Shapes scattered everywhere, along with the cute Word & Alpha Stickers.


These hearts are my favorite! And the colors are just amazing. They can be used just about anywhere on a layout or card…I used them by my photos on these little die-cut frames I made using my Cameo.


These arrows are versatile, too. I wanted them to point towards the photos. You could use them in a totally different way and create a different shape with them. The possibilities are endless!


Here’s a different arrow. It works great here on top of my layers. I really had to stop myself from using every single shape on the sheet! They are addictive and so fun to add to your layout. Oh, and how about that royal blue glitter decorative tape! I’m resisting the urge to just stick this stuff everywhere…it’s so nice and thick and very sturdy…and just look at the sparkle! Swooning over here!


Here’s a close up of my watercolor effect, more enamel shapes and a shot of the gorgeous metallic paper! It shines so nicely, and the color is just gorgeous.


One last shot of the upper cluster…a few brads and stamping and more enamel arrows. More glitter and metallic tapes…I just can’t get enough of it all!


I hope this inspires you to try some of these new Necessities collections...they also come in wood grain, gold, red and black!  Sooooo many possibilities with them all :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you mixed the different enamel shapes Missy, and the Blue and Teal color scheme is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete