Monday, August 18, 2014

Natural Beauty / My Mind's Eye

Happy First Day of School!  Also known as Monday.  Today I have a layout to share that I created for My Mind's Eye.  It was up on the blog last week.  I have been wanting to scrap some photos from Reese's 5th Birthday photoshoot for a while, but the colors in her clothes have made it difficult.  It's like a pinkish-purplish color.  I decided to use the Necessities Wood collection to really make the photo pop.  I had this idea in my head, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it actually turned out like I imagined it.

I went through the 6x6 paper pad and selected several patterns.  I found this beautiful flower design in the Silhouette store and used those papers to back the cut outs.  All the woods are very neutral and muted, and they allow the photo to really shine, which was what I was going for.  I embellished with the wooden shapes, brads, glitter tape, alpha and word stickers, cord and the big monogram letters.


Here's a close up of the die cut, the cord and the layers.  You can see by building up layers, you're able to add things like cord and tape underneath it all.  Plus, the dimension and texture is so cool!


I love the wooden pieces in this line...so raw and natural.  And they're adhesive and stick really well.  I cut "beauty" on my Cameo and added "natural" by using the small alpha & word stickers.


More brads, wooden pieces and grey thread to finish off this side of the layout...


I hope this inspires you to give this Necessities Wood collection a try.  I didn't think I'd like it at first, but clearly I was wrong :)  I love how it allows bright colors to really be showcased.  I definitely recommend trying it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that this layout has so inspired me! Every little detail of it is just amazing! One of those layouts that just sticks in your mind and makes you love playing with paper!!! Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so amazing, Missy!! Love that awesome die cut and the way you used the neutral papers and embellishments! It makes your photo really pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh i LOVE this !! Loving the wood with the pop of colour on Reese's shirt!!

    ReplyDelete