Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freeze Today / My Scraps & More

It's the weekend, ya'll!  Everyone in my house slept until 8am...that hasn't happened in a very long time.  It was awesome!  Today I'm sharing a layout that I created a few weeks ago for a Throwback Thursday Challenge over on the My Scraps forums.  The challenge was to use an older collection at least 2 years old and add vellum and bling.

I used the DIY Crate Paper collection from 2012.  I played around in my Silhouette software and created a welded background of numbers.  Since my layout was about making time stand still, I thought the numbers would go perfectly.  I love the look of a large die cut in the background.  This measuring tape background paper was also perfect because of the numbers, but also because it's pretty neutral.  I used a big piece of vellum and stitched it down and just wrote my journaling right on top of it.  I added in lots of embellishments from this collection and topped it off with some red rhinestones, which I've had in my stash for years.

Oh, and I added lots of stitching...can you tell I'm obsessed with my sewing machine?  I'm kicking myself for not getting one years ago...


Here's a close up of the layers and stitching.  A really easy way to create layers is to use pop dots under your photos.  Super easy to tuck things underneath!


Lots going on here...first, I love the texture that the background die cut creates.  The stitching also adds texture.  I like to curl up the edges of my papers and add thread in between them.  I used my Tiny Attacher to staple that Yes, Please tag onto my paper.


Gold thread....yum!  I also added a bit of watercolor onto my background.  That's something else I'm obsessed with.  I think nowadays I use watercolors and/or gelatos and stitching on every page.  Is this a problem?!  Haha :)


Thanks so much for visiting me today...have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the die cut numbers in the background Missy!! And all of the stitching looks really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Missy-fied the DIY collection and made it bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete