Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Sweet Darling @ 2 / My Scraps & More

Hey there, friends :)  Have you had a chance to check out our fun Pinspirational Crop going on this week on the My Scraps boards?  Everyone is still working on all the challenges...there are 15!  I hosted three of them, and this layout is the one I created for the Children's Toys Challenge.  I chose a pin of a Rubik's Cube...remember those things?  I could never get it straight once I turned it all different directions.  I took my inspiration from the grid of squares on the cube.

I pulled out the beautiful Shimelle line and punched a lot of little squares from various patterned papers.  I took my background paper and added gesso on it. I used my Ingvlid Bolme chalk inks to create my watercolor effect here.  I just dabbed the chalk ink onto a piece of plastic packaging and then spritzed a bit of water on it.  Then I smudged the plastic onto the paper.  It creates such a gorgeous watercolor look!  Plus it's fun because you never know what design you're going to get :)

I stitched my squares down and added a few embellishments.  I didn't want to add to much since the squares really stood out.


Here's a closer lok at the watercolor and the stitching.  Oh how I love my sewing machine!  I still wish I would have bitten the bullet and gotten one years ago...


I love the messy look of the gesso and ink here.


I really love how the red and orange blended together here.  And the black Thicker really pops!


If you'd like to join our Crop, there's still a few days left.  We'd love to have you!  Go HERE to join our boards.

Thanks for visiting me!

3 comments:

  1. This layout is so awesome, Missy!! I love the idea of the little squares to imitate the Rubik's cube!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Missy! Oh, I just adore all the scrumptious color and your watercoloring techniques! Brilliant! You just keep inspiring us all ;). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete