Friday, February 13, 2015

Love Our Story / A Flair For Buttons

Hey there, and Happy Friday the 13th!  It's a special day...my birthday....woo hoo!  I love my birthday, and I have no problem with getting older.  My issue is with just how FAST it all goes.  I'm in disbelief that this is my last year in my 30s.  It has just flown by...and it seems to go faster the older I get.  I need a time machine!  :D

I'm so excited to share my first layout as a Design Team Member for A Flair For Buttons!  I absolutely love using Shelley's awesome flair buttons on my projects.  I just love February, and I decided to create a fun layout about love for my first project :)  I also love using up stash, and if you're anything like me, you've got a ton of it on your scrappy shelves.  I pulled out the Echo Park Love Story line from three years ago for this!  I love how these flair buttons coordinate with new as well as older lines.

Creating the pink watercolor look on the background was easy.  I smudged some white gesso around the paper and then I used several pink and red gelatos to add some color.

Love Our Story


I wanted to pull in some more black embellishments, and the Chalkboard Valentines flair was perfect...that heart is my favorite!  I love how these flair are easy to tuck into paper layers.

Love Our Story1

These beautiful Sunburst Brights flair come in several colors.  This pink one matched perfectly with these colors.  I layered it on top of these two tickets and glued some tangled thread under it.

Love Our Story2

This fun flair button is from the Hello Life set.  It's so versatile and can be used on any type of themed project.  Again, I layered it.  There are just so many fun ways to use these!

Love Our Story3

Here is a look at all the sets I pulled from on this layout:

Chalkboard Valentines 2

Hello Life

Sunburst Brights


I hope this inspires you to create something awesome today!  Be sure to check out Shelley's shop...there are SO many different kinds of flair.  There's something for everybody!

 Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing all of your fabulous layouts! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Missy! You're just a kid! At 58 I can assure you that you have loads of fun ahead. Thanks for all your gorgeous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Missy! I love the way you used the flair around your layout! And I hope you've had a great day for your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Missy!!! Great layout with super cute flairs for a splendid start with A Flair for Buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page! Really love that stitched frame, and your flair buttons fit in seamlessly! You have a couple of years on me, but I totally agree with your sentiment about not being a afraid of getting older, just not liking how fast it actually goes. Have a wonderfully blessed year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors, the stitched frame and your layering looks great as always. Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete