Friday, March 6, 2015

Body Pump / Shimmerz

Happy Friday, scrappy friends!  I'm really excited to share my newest layout for Shimmerz with you today.  It features the new Mono Tonez collection, which is comprised of silver and grey colors.  I've had this hard-to-scrap photo for a while sitting on my desk.  (If it looks familiar, it's pretty similar to the photos I scrapped in my previous layout...just several months earlier at a similar event!)  The lighting in the photo created lots of pinkish & purple shades, and it's just really hard to find any papers and embellishments that match purple.  So I decided to create this background to contrast those difficult colors.

I used a Hero Arts stencil and created a two-toned background with Dazzlerz (Foiled Again) and Texturez (Gritty Graphite).  Next, I added some Creameez (Thunderstorm) and Inklingz (No One's Chrome) and used them like watercolor.  I also added in some beautiful aquas with Shimmerz (Tickle Me Turquoise) and Creameez (Ride the Tide).  The paint splatters are Vibez (Taupe of the Mornin') and Spritz (Taupe of the World).  All of these silvers and aquas meshed so well together!


Here's a look at the bottom cluster.  I used Creameez and Shimmerz to create more of a watercolor effect here.  For me, dabbing it with a paper towel really helps to create multiple tones.  I just layered some Echo Park paper and stickers along with some washi tape, thread and a flair button on top of the color.


The texture created by the Dazzlerz is just awesome...and it's so shiny!  I used the silver Creameez to color that film strip sticker...it was white.  Love how it turned out!


Here you can see the Texturez...and they do just that....create TEXTURE!  I love the grittiness of it.  I layered my papers right on top and added in my title to the side.


One more look at the beautiful Texturez and the Shimmerz & Creameez on top of it.  These products all work so well together...I just can't get enough of them!


I hope this inspires you to give the Tonez a try...there are several color schemes to play with.  And if you have a hard-to-scrap photo, try creating your own customized background.  This worked really well for me, and I love how all the Shimmerz products came together to make the photo pop!

Visit the Shimmerz Paint Store and leave my name in the comments section to get a free product!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! 

Products Used:
Dazzlerz - Foiled Again, Sea U in the Mornin'
Texturez - Gritty Graphite
Shimmerz - Tickle Me Turquoise
Creameez - Ride the Tide
Mono Tonez - Vibez (Taupe of the Mornin'), Spritz (Taupe of the World), Inklingz (No One's Chrome), & Creameez (Thunder Storm)


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Love the way you used the Silver to complement the photo! And the little bit of Teal you added in, looks great Missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe!! Love this so much! All of that shimmery grey texture is just awesome! And the pops of teal - yes!! Love love love this!!

    ReplyDelete