Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Peace & Quiet / Shimmerz

Hey there, friends, and Happy Wednesday!  Today I'm sharing my latest project for the Shimmerz blog.  I was in the mood to create a nature-related layout, and so I went with this photo of my daughter sitting on a bench examining some leaves she collected at a local garden near our home.  I wanted to echo the feel of nature, so I started with some wood grain patterned paper and went from there.  The papers and embellishments are from American Crafts, Heidi Swapp, Simple Stories, Crate Paper, A Flair For Buttons and The Cut Shoppe.

I pulled several Shimmerz products in various green tones and then decided to add in some aquas to match the colors in her shirt.  Once I decided to add in the flower die cuts, I added in the peachy tones to give it a Springy feel.  I started with some white gesso and a Crafter's Workshop square stencil.  I used the Coloringz in Keep Palm to begin and then came in with Well Blue Me Down and Heidi Ho Blue.  I used another CW stencil with these colors blended with some modeling paste to create those lines on the background.


Here you can see the lines more closely.  You can get an endless amount of colors when you mix your products together!  It only took a couple of sprays of each of the Coloringz mixed with the paste to get this gorgeous aqua color.


I used my finger to smudge on some of the Dazzlerz in Dreamsicle to color these flowers, and the peachy tone is gorgeous!  The leaves are so shiny in person.  I dabbed some of the Shimmerz in Green Olive on them and they are so pretty!


I used a few of those Coloringz on this Heidi Swapp Color Magic die cut...I love the light bluish-aqua color, and it looks so nice paired up with the peachy tones.


Here's another shot of the mixed media work.  That Keep Palm Coloringz is a great color for matching photos with leaves or trees or anything nature-related.  Very pretty.


One last shot of my left cluster...some stitching, flair, die cuts, stickers and wood veneer.  The perfect touch for the layout, I think.


I hope this inspires you create something nature-related and use some earthy tones  mixed with some brights and pastels.  I would never have thought I would've liked this color combo until I started experimenting with it.  Turns out, it's beautiful all put together!

Products Used:
Coloringz--Keep Palm, Well Blue Me Down, Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu
Shimmerz--Green Olive, Jilted Jade
Dazzlerz--Dreamscicle

Don't forget to visit the Shimmerz store and check out all the gorgeous products!  If you mention my name at checkout in "Notes to Merchant," you can score some free product!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and all the little details. Beautiful and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo Missy!! She looks so content! The colors are so pretty, and I love the natural look you created on the page, to go along with the photo!

    ReplyDelete