Friday, March 27, 2015

Using Triangles on a Layout / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there, friends!  Happy Friday!  I hope you've been enjoying our month full of scrapbooking trends over on the Chickaniddy Crafts Blog.  This layout was up on the blog last week featuring triangles.  This is really simple to put together...all you need is your paper and a square punch.

I chose to scrap this cute photo of my husband and daughter about to go for a 4-wheeler ride.  I like the brown and pink in the photo, so I chose various papers from Twirly Girly, Date Night and Scrumptious.  I love how they all look so pretty up next to one another.

Supplies Used:  Twirly Girly--Alpha Stickers TG14EB01, Sticker Sheet TG14EB02, Tea Party TG140S03, Itty Bitty Ballerina TG140S08, Paper Posies TG140S05 Grandma's Quilt TG140S10, Never Grow Up TG140S11, Piggy Tails TG140S12, Sentiment Mini Stickers TG14EB05; Date Night--Brads DN14EB06, Sentiment Mini Stickers DN14EB05, Tags Mini Stickers DN13EB04, Plaid is Rad DN140S12, Cutest Couple DN140S05, Awesome Blossom DN140S01, Sticker Sheet DN14EB02; Scrumptious--Frolic in the Leaves SC140S11, Fall Bouquet SC140S01, Autumn Haze SC140S06, Check Please SC140S09; Other--cardstock, Silhouette Cameo, Coats Thread, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Heidi Swapp Archival Ink, October Afternoon Date Stamp

Here's a look at how I created those triangles:

1.  I took a 2-inch square punch (but any size will work) and punched a bunch of squares out of all the patterned papers I chose.  Then, I used scissors to cut them in half diagonally.  Easy!


2.  Next, I just started arranging them onto my page in no particular pattern.  I just made sure the lines matched up and turned them this way and that way until I was happy with the large design of all the triangles together.  I then glued them all down.

3.  The rest was easy...adding a few layers of papers under the photo and adding stickers and embellishments where I wanted them.


4.  I added stickers and fussy cut some flowers from this sheet (Awesome Blossom):



One more look...I really didn't need to add a whole lot more to this with all the different colors and patterns going on.  I did add a few mist splatters to finish it off.


I hope you'll give this a try!  It's really fun, and it's an awesome technique if you don't have a die cutting machine or just don't feel like using it.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! It's Alicia lol stalking you here as well hehehe....I am just giving you a heads up I am completely going to scrap lift this!!! I love it!!! I have always mentioned I have a weird obsession with triangles and this just upped the problem lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I can't do triangles at all, so this just makes me so happy. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, this layout is A-MAZ-ING!! That triangle background is a great design element, and I love that it brings in so many colors on the page! A new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!!! LOVE all the triangles and the colors and pattern mix going on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous collection of patterns and color! Great triangle design, too!

    ReplyDelete