Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Smitten With Your Smiles / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm excited to share the layout I created for National Scrapbooking Day over at the Hip Kit Club this weekend.  I created this for my challenge on our member forum to use acrylic paint on a layout.  I used the 2015 April Kits for this, and I pulled out some pink, teal and grey paints from my stash to help create my background.  It was very inspiring to see what some of the Hip Kit members came up with...there are some very talented gals on our boards!

You can check out my process video down below to see how I created this from start to finish, but I'll explain a few of the details.  I was inspired first by the colors in the papers & embellishments...grey, mint and pink.  I tore a big chunk of the mint cardstock and used it as a base for my photos and other pieces.  I used an old gift card to smear the paints down, and then since it was so bold, I used white gesso to tone it down a bit.  I added in some stamping, stitching and lots of chipboard.


Thicker overload...haha :D  Yes, all of these alphas come in the kits!  I mixed it up by using four different alpahs, including those small teal letter stickers from Elle's studio.  Those little sequins are from Crate Paper and were the perfect touch.


I've been wanting to use these gorgeous chipboard numbers, so I made them a big design element on this page.  I arranged them around my photo cluster and sewed them down with gold thread.  I love the mix of patterns and colors.


In addition to my paint, I also used a light pink distress ink through the circle stencil from the March kits to add a few subtle circles.  I tried using my finger to smudge white paint through the smaller circle stencil, but it didn't work as well.


One more close-up of my journaling, more stamping, sentiment stickers, paper layers, another chipboard piece and more paint.  I love adding those little details in!


I hope you got a lot of scrapping done for NSD...I got a few pages done for a few design teams.   They'll all be coming up soon :)

Here's my video if you'd like to watch the process.  Hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! this layout! wow - the numbers...brilliant! and i loooooooove the torn mint cardstock!! i love love love looking at your layout and finding new fun things! so much detail and happiness! and what a beautiful title!! love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome that you could use up all of this thickers!! Love this Missy!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Missy! That design and the techniques totally rock!

    ReplyDelete