Friday, June 26, 2015

Dreamer / Shimmerz

Hey there, and Happy Friday!  I have another layout for the Shimmerz blog to share with you all.  I've had this sweet photo of my daughter sleeping on my desk for quite a while.  The colors intimidated me, and I knew I'd struggle finding the perfect papers and embellishments to scrap it.  My Shimmerz products always inspire me to make my own backgrounds to coordinate with these "hard to scrap" pictures.

I started with some white cardstock and a few stencils.  I pulled out several Shimmerz products in different shades of pinks and blues.  I used an alphabet stencil, a lined stencil, a circle stencil and a big flower stencil.  I used them in different ways.  I sprayed through them and I also sprayed onto them and then flipped it over and used it as a stamp.   I used my finger and some of the Pucker Up Pink Dazzlerz through the alphabet stencil, and it dried so pretty and shiny!

I used some of the Tidy Widy Texturez on the clouds...the texture and look is amazing!  And I stitched right through them after they were dry with no problem at all.  I went around the edges with a little bit of No One's Chrome Inklingz.


Here you can see how pretty the Dazzlerz dry...so shiny and pretty.  I love these blues and pinks together...such a beautiful combo.  I used some older Doodlebug papers for my layers as well as a Crate Paper tag and lots of tangled thread.


I used a small brush and dipped it in the Magenta Shimmerz to give this corrugated cardboard some color.  Very easy and quick to do.  I cut my title on my Cameo in white, and it contrasts nicely against the background mix of colors.


Here's a great close-up of the clouds coated with Texturez.  I love the grainy bits in this product.  I really adds depth, dimension, and of course, texture.  I think it makes things look more life-like.  I also added a coat of Pixie Dust Blingz, which makes them look like they're wearing a coat of sparkly glitter.  I added a few phrase stickers from Cosmo Cricket and stitched them all down.  I layered a flair button and some thread also.  These pretty reds and pinks are a mix of Magenta Shimmerz, Pretty in Pink & Pink Stiletto Coloringz, and Ruby Spritz.


Here's one more look at the clouds and the background.  Those beautiful blues are a combination of Gummy Berry Blue Dazzlerz, Ultra Marine Shimmerz, Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz, Sapphire Spritz and Jeni B Bleu Vibez.


Thanks so much for taking a look today!  Have a wonderful day!

Products Used:
Dazzlerz--Pucker Up Pink, Gummy Berry Blue
Shimmerz--Ultra Marine, Magenta
Coloringz--Pretty in Pink, Heidi Ho Blue, Pink Stiletto
Spritz--Sapphire, Ruby
Texturez--Tidy Widy
Inklingz--No One's Chrome
Blingz--Pixie Dust
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu


5 comments:

  1. Such sweetness, Missy! Love this red, white, and blue palette, and those clouds... fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome Missy!! I love everything about this layout! The colors are so pretty and I love the die cut clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Cool colour palette that goes with the season but also your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super dreamy! Love the way the colors add to the magic of the layout! Looooove the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete