Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hard to Scrap Photo Layout / Shimmerz

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have another layout for the Shimmerz blog to share with you today.  I used lots of yummy Shimmerz products to create it.

This layout is based on the colors of my photo.  Sometimes I convert "hard-to-scrap" photos to black and white.  I really wanted to combine all the pink, green and orange in the picture, so I printed it in color and decided to create my own customized background.  I coated my white cardstock with clear gesso first and then added a bit of water on the page.  I started with different shades of pink Coloringz, Vibez and Spritz.  Once they hit the water, they started blending.  I used my heat tool to dry my paper in between each coat so the colors would layer on top of one another.  Once dry, I used some green and orange products to finish out my color scheme.


I used the Sour Apple Dazzlerz through a small square grid stencil, and it turned out beautifully.  The Hermit the Frog Vibez really complimented the photo, so I splattered a lot of that on top of all those pinks.  I used Coloringz Pretty in Pink and Pink Stiletto, and Spritz Ruby.


Aren't the Dazzlerz so awesome?  I love how easy they are to apply, and the result is amazing.  The orange tone is the Coloringz in Mandarin Mai Tai.


I cut  my title on my Cameo (the font is called Smoothie Shoppe) and paired it with this die cut.  I used the Mandarin Mai Tai and Magenta Shimmerz to back the LOVE piece.  I added green rhinestones from my stash.  I added several strips of washi tape on the left hand side of the page... I love how all the colors coordinate so well.


One more look at all the Shimmery goodness...so bright and gorgeous!  These products can do so many things...even color that chipboard heart and the wood veneer arrow.  And that is white and green tissue paper behind my photo.  I used NO patterned paper at all on this page.


Here's a look at my process if you're interested to see how I created this.  Enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Products Used:
Dazzlerz - Sour Apple
Vibez - Hermit the Frog
Coloringz - Pretty in Pink, Pink Stiletto, Mandarin Mai Tai
Spritz - Ruby
Shimmerz - Royal Red, Magenta
Creameez - Piggy Pink


1 comment:

  1. You matched the photo perfectly Missy! I love the way you created the color in the background and the washi tapes are so fun down the side of the page!

    ReplyDelete