Sunday, June 28, 2015

Little Busy Body / Hip Kit Club + a look at 2015 JULY KITS!

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I have another layout for Hip Kit Club to share with you today.  I used the 2015 June Kits for this, and I just love how it all came together.  I can't say enough wonderful things about the Hip Kit Club...every month the kits are just amazing!  Always full of color, patterns, and a huge variety of embellishments to play with.

For this page, I started off with some of the Fountain cardstock.  I chose a few pictures of my little Paige doing what she does, which is running wild...haha :D  I used a 2-inch circle punch and just created circles from several of the patterned papers.  I got my mixed media fix in by creating those fun embossed sunburst circles.  I show exactly how I made them in my process video down below.  They're super easy and fun to make!


This is one of the Project Life cards.  I used my craft knife to slice the ends and sides of each banner so it would layer over my papers and photo like this.  I used a few other PL cards as my layers here as well.  I used some gelatos to color that Evalicious wood veneer to the left and some of the Chickaniddy stamps from the May Project Life Kit to add those little arrows in.


Here's a better look at the wood veneer.  Gelatos (or paints or mist sprays) are a fun and quick way to give wood veneer some color.  I created a messy circle of thread under it and layered them both over a cute camera sticker from the Crate Paper sticker sheet from the Project Life Kit.  That cute yellow arrow is from the Crate Paper Poolside ephemera pack from the Main Kit.  I also added gold stitching through most of the circles.


I just love the look of shiny heat embossing!  I used that cute Shimelle sunburst stamp and the two Avery Elle ink pads included in the Color Kit and then stamped over it again using embossing ink.  I sprinkled the clear embossing powder (from Color Kit) over it, heated it with my heat tool, and there you have it....a super shiny and textured sunburst!  I just punched it out to make it a circle.


Here's a look at my process video if you're interested in watching...hope you enjoy!


And in case you haven't taken a peek at the 2015 JULY KITS, here they are!  Again, gorgeous goodies coming your way soon!

2015 July Main Kit
2015 July Embellishment Kit
2015 July Color Kit
2015 July Paper Kit (same papers from Main Kit, just extras)
2015 Project Life Kit
2015 July Cardstock Kit

Be sure to visit the Hip Kit Club if you have any questions or want to see the product lists in detail.  Stay tuned for more of my projects...I'm still using up my June Kits!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the fun circles on this layout Missy, especially the thread circles! And the machine stitching adds an awesome look to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, CUTE! Love all those cheery colours and circles not to mention the adorable action photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! LOVE your work with the circles!!! Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those circular, stitched elements to bits, girl! I just got my first kit, but it's just been sitting on my desk. I've simply had no time to play. I don't know how you do it, but thanks for being a constant source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete