Saturday, July 4, 2015

Guest Designing at Citrus Twist Kits!

Hey, friends, and HAPPY 4th OF JULY to all of my fellow American friends!!  America is 239 years old today!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of fun with family and friends!

I thought I'd pop on this morning and share that I'm the July Guest Designer for Citrus Twist Kits!  I was thrilled when Trina contacted me and asked if I'd like to take part.  I got to play with the July Main Kit, which has a great mix of products from Crate Paper, American Crafts, Seven Paper, Pink Paislee, Webster's Pages, Freckled Fawn, Evalicious and even some exclusive wood veneer and stamps.  It's fun and has a lot of variety.


Here's the first project I created using this kit.  I wanted to play off the reds in a few of the papers, and there is a pop of red in this photo.  I wanted the overall feel of the page to be light and airy, so I started with this light wood grain patterned paper.  I used my Cameo to cut a few messy circles (that's my favorite Silhouette store shape, by the way) and then drew more circles and stitched a few more.  I added in some tissue paper from my stash and then layered some patterned papers behind the photo.
The rest is odds and ends tucked in here and there...all from the kit.


I combined both the Thickers and the Webster's Pages alphas to create my title.  I also created a little banner under it using stickers, paper and a puffy sticker and then machine stitched it down.  I used the little arrow stamp here using some navy ink from my stash.  Those cute epoxy buttons are also included in the kit.


Here's another angle of the journaling area.  It talks about how we were headed to see Sara Bareilles in concert in St. Augustine last year, and when we got to the amphitheater it was full.  So they directed us down another few miles and we had to park at a ball field.  Then sent a big yellow school bus to pick us up and take us to the concert.  Then afterward we had to stand in the dark and wait for it to come back.  The moral of the story is that amphitheater needs an adequate parking lot for the number of seats it offers!  We still had fun and now have a funny story to tell :)


Layers and layers....paper, tissue paper, thread, sticky epoxy brads, wood veneer and a cute arrow paper clip.  That little green puffy heart was from last month's kit.


One last close up of the right side of the photo...the stickers are from the Webster's Pages sticker sheet.  I love how the stitching turned out on this. I'm getting better at stitching in a circle ;)


Thanks for checking in today, and be to sure stop in later this month.  I have three more projects coming up using the kit.  You can check out Citrus Twist Kits and see all the different kits they have to offer, and their beautiful blog with lots of gorgeous inspiration.

Happy 4th!!  Happy weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Guest DT gig. You totally rocked that kit with that layout! Wouldn't be surprised to see you as a regular DT in the near future. Par usual, loving all your details and that stitching. Another awesome one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a fun layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the guest spot Missy! I love the wood grain paper with the softer colors and the patterned paper strips down the side of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. INCREDIBLE!!!!!! The layers...the navy...I love it all!! So inspiring! So just plain cool!!!! You are cool! And your pages reflect that! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete