Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy Day Fun / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday!  I'm just popping in today to share my latest layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 August Hip Kits.  I have to say that this was probably the fastest layout I've done in a really long time.  I owe it all to this gorgeous Pinkfresh Studio background paper that comes in the Paper Kit.  The circular design really helps to create an easy place for the photos to go...which is somewhere inside the middle.  I decided to punch four small photos into circles and place them around the confetti circle.  To enhance the circle idea, I machine stitched a few times around the page with grey thread.


Although this page came together super quick, it is one of my favorites.  I loved going around the edges and placing fun embellishments down.  I used some of the Crate Paper felt hearts (which I stitched through with gold thread), one of the flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, and some of the Pinkfresh Studio wood veneer hearts and puffy heart stickers.


My title area is made up of some of the Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy pieces...the chipboard sticker and some of the washi tape roll.  I used some of the charcoal cardstock to cut "fun" on my Cameo.


Here's one more close-up of the bottom left area.  I also did some gold stitching right on to the photos for a little more texture and interest.


I really love the result of this design...it was fun and easy, and it's really bright and fun.  I did film myself creating this page, so here's the process video if you'd like to see it.  I hope you enjoy and get some ideas on how to use this fun background paper!


Thanks so much for stopping by today...make sure you check out Hip Kit Club and get your September kits reserved...they're gorgeous!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love it all Missy! Especially the repeating round elements and color of the water against the pink. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks!!! I have this paper...I so want to get it out and use it right this instant! Amazing! Love the stitching and th way you enhanced the circle image!

    ReplyDelete