Sunday, November 29, 2015

Crazy BFF Adventure / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Sunday, friends!  I have a layout to share today for A Flair For Buttons, and I used two flair buttons from this set.  It's the Best Friends set.  I love that there are so many colors in this set, and they coordinate with almost any collection you want to use.


I pulled out some of my older American Crafts stash for this layout.  It's mostly the Yes, Please! collection from 2013.  I took whatever pieces I had left and created some layers behind my photo.  I did have this grey sheet that I used for my background, and I used some white gesso, Shimmerz and gelatos to create a watercolor effect.  Then I used four different thread colors to stitch some big messy circles over that.  I adhered all those layers and then decided to create a fun little banner on the side.


I used some Elle's Studio alpha stamps to create my title, and then cut the word "crazy" on my Cameo on white cardstock.  I used some Shimmerz and some acrylic paint to give it some color.  I added one of my flair buttons here, and I not only love the sentiment, but the color it gives.  Those cute glasses are from an older My Mind's Eye stamp.


Here's the other flair I used...it fit perfectly right on top of my photo next to this cute MAMBI sticker.  I love layering thread under my flair for interest and extra pops of color.  That's an easy and fast way to add color without having to take up more space with an embellishment.


Here's another look at those layers.  I fussy cut this big camera from patterned paper...I believe it's from the Neopolitan collection.  Here you can see the Shimmerz and other ink splatters.


Those "likes" are some older Heidi Swapp rub-ons...I wish I had more of them!  But I finally used them all up right here.  What a great feeling to use something up!  Yay!  I used a tiny HS triangle stamp here and around the page as well.


Here's the banner I created using a small circle punch.  I just cut the circles in half and arranged them like I wanted.  I used a tiny bit of adhesive and then stitched them down.  I ruffled them up so they would have some dimension.  The black camera is a stamp, and I cut it out and added pop dots.


Make sure you check out the A Flair For Buttons store on Etsy....so many amazing flair there!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your Sunday, friends!

1 comment: