Thursday, December 17, 2015

Shine / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing my first layout for Hip Kit Club using the unbelievably beautiful 2015 December Hip Kits!  These colors...swoon!  They are right up my alley.  I couldn't resist using the gorgeous Maggie Holmes Shine overlay for this layout.  I attached it to white cardstock and then decided to get crazy :D

I added white gesso to the transparency, which is something I've never tried.  It dried, and then I added in some of the Shimmerz Paints from the Color Kit.  They dried and looked great on the overlay!  I was pleasantly surprised at how well the overlay took the mediums.  I also stitched through it without any problems.


Now for the close-ups :)  I used a few of the 3x4 and 4x6 Project Life cards to layer behind my photo.  I added a strip of the blue American Crafts glitter tape for an extra pop of shine, and then I added in this big LOVE acetate piece at the bottom.  The gold stitching finished everything off.


I used a few pieces of paper from the Shine 6x6 Paper Pad for more layers here, and then pulled in a few chipboard pieces.  That diamond seemed like the perfect piece to add in, and then this "shine" die cut from Heidi Swapp worked for my title.  I used the Golden Wheat Shimmerz to color it.


Here you can see the paint on the overlay.  I also added some Color Shine, and it dried wonderfully.  Aren't these colors so yummy?!  Yes!


Here's the left side of the photo.  I added in more of the Maggie Holmes Thickers, a wood veneer coated with Shimmerz, some tangled thread, some chipboard and a die cut.


Here's one more close-up of the layers and background.


Here's a look at my process video if you'd like to see how I put this all together.  I hope it inspires you in some way!


Make sure you check out the GORGEOUS 2016 January Kits!  They are AMAZING!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment