Saturday, March 19, 2016

It's the Little Things / Shimmerz Shortz Layout

Happy Weekend!  And Happy Spring Break....yeah!  A whole week of slowing down and not being on such a tight schedule...woo hoo!  Today I'm sharing a bonus layout for Shimmerz that I created for this week's Shimmerz Shortz video.  As part of the Education Team, I create these short videos every Thursday showing how the Shimmerz products work, demonstrating different ways to use them, and offering tips and techniques.  You can find these videos on the Shimmerz YouTube channel as well as my channel.

My focus on this video was to show how you can create a fun background using the black Dazzlerz texture paste.  It's called Licorice Stick, and it's awesome.  I used an alphabet stencil from my stash and a palette knife to smooth the Dazzlerz onto the white cardstock.  It's very striking and bold and looks fantastic!  I then created all that watercolor using Vibez Jeni B Bleu, Coloringz No Yoking & Oh Say Can U Sea, and one of the new formulated Shimmerz paint called Anchors Away.  I finished it off with some Coloringz Night Moves, which is a black spray.



Once my background was finished, I went through my stash and picked out a few papers and several embellishments that matched.  That's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be!  It's so much easier to use a collection, but I didn't do that here.  I pulled a few pieces from Simple Stories Carpe Diem, B-Side from Basic Grey, Captured from Basic Grey, and a few MAMBI stickers.  I also added some yellow thread for more pops of that color.


Here you can see how the thread does a great job of adding color.  I love doing this!  I added a few more MAMBI stickers and that yellow circle is from Simple Stories.


To get that watercolor effect, I used the plastic packaging technique and my water brush.  You get such different looks using the plastic versus the brush.  Both are awesome...it just depends on the look you want :)  That cute flair button is from A Flair For Buttons.


This blue & green striped paper is from Basic Grey Captured, and I added some washi tape, a few more MAMBI stickers and another flair button.


Here's the Shimmerz Shortz video that shares how I created this background.


There are 30 more Shimmerz Shortz that I have created over the last year focusing on lots of different products and techniques.  Be sure to check them out as well as all the other Education Members' videos!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: