Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dream XOXO / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today with a layout for Hip Kit Club.  I created this with the 2016 April Hip Kits.  The kits are gorgeous, as always, but I have to say that this was not one of my most favorite layouts.  But now that I've had some distance from it, I think I like it a little bit more.  For some reason, I just had a lot of trouble putting it together.  I don't know if it was the color scheme or what, but I just struggled.  I love the products.  I love the photos.  I just wasn't feeling the "mojo" while I was creating it.  Does that make sense?

Obviously I did a lot of mixed media work on it.  I used Ashley Horton's geometric heart cut file, and I backed it with lots of the patterned papers and even a Project Life card.  I tried to stay with the blues and corals color scheme to play on the Shimelle Starshine look.  I used white gesso on the heart once all the spots were filled, and then I used some blue gelatos to create that pretty blue watercolor.  I created a strip of photos, and I used one of the Shimelle stickers in place of a fourth photo.


I used the "dream" sticker for my title.  I used some paint to color the Simple Stories XOXO wood veneer.  I added a strip of the think Amy Tan washi tape here, and I fussy cut that camera from a PL card.  I added some of the Shimelle floral stickers under it to give it some contrast.


To make my photos stand out against that busy background, I anchored them on some of the mint cardstock.  It gives them a solid base and separates them from the background patterns.  I also stitched around the border of the big heart.


Here you can see the watercolor up close.  I also added dark blue tangled thread under the heart for added texture and interest.


I love this cute wood veneer paper clip!  It works like a real one, and so I added it to my photo strip.  I also added more of those pretty Shimelle floral stickers to my photos.


Here's the process video if you'd like to see how I struggled my way through making this!  They can't all be your favorite pages...but the process should always be fun!  Sometimes we forget that.  I hope you enjoy watching!


Thanks for visiting me today, and have a great Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment