Saturday, April 2, 2016

Friends / Citrus Twist Kits

It's the weekend....woo hoo!  Today I have another layout for Citrus Twist Kits to share.  I used the March Add-On "Day Dreams" Kit for this, and I also added in a few bits and pieces from some of the February and January Kits. 

I was first inspired by the green triangle paper.  I decided to fussy cut hexagons from it and use it as my background design.  I don't think I've ever used green coral and aqua as a color scheme, but I LOVE how it turned out!  The blue elements are from previous kits, and so are the Pink Paislee puffy stickers.  I had this photo of me and my friend wearing the perfect colors for this.


I stitched through each of the hexagons with my sewing machine...and it did take some time, but I love how it looks.  That pretty butterfly is from the Maggie Holmes Bloom sticker sheet, and I added some blue thread here from my stash.  The puffy speech bubble sticker was from last month's kit.


I love this cork piece from Basic Grey.  It was the perfect piece for my title, and I love the fun font.  I added in a few stickers from the Bloom sticker sheet, and that flair is from the January Main Kit.  It's fun to go back to previous kit leftovers to see what you can mix and match!


I used more cork here, more thread and more stickers.  I used white gesso and watercolor paints to create the background.  I just love this pretty coral color!


Here's one more close up...lots of fun things going on.  I cut that blue from a Maggie Holmes paper from the January Kit...it matched perfectly.  I really love how the fussy cut hexagons look...sometimes you just have to think outside the box when you have a 12x12 paper.  Don't be afraid to cut it up :)


Here's my process video for this layout...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how you fussy cut the paper into hexagons! What a great layout. Love it!

    ReplyDelete