Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Mixed Media Heart Layout / Shimmerz

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back with you today to share a layout I made for my Shimmerz Shortz video last week.  If you don't know about those, I make a short weekly video for Shimmerz every Thursday showing tips, techniques and ideas for using the Shimmerz products.  Sometimes I showcase new products or colors.  This video showed how you can use any of your Shimmerz products and a stamp to create fun and unique fussy-cut die cuts.

Here's the video:


Here is the quick layout I put together using all the hearts I created.  I used a scrap piece of white cardstock and coated it the gesso.  Then I used a lot of Shimmerz Coloringz, Vibez & Spritz in different shades of pinks & oranges to create a bunch of color.  I used the plastic packing technique, I splattered, I sprayed...I created a collage of watercolor.  Once it dried, I used a basic heart stamp and some Archival Ink and stamped a bunch of hearts.  I fussy cut them all out and then created this fun layout!


Here are the hearts after I fussy cut them.  Each one is different, and I love the watercolor look on them!  You could do this with any color scheme.  Just make sure all the color you use blend well together.  For instance, don't use reds and greens together...if those colors blend, you will get a yucky brown.  You can use colors like that if you let each one dry and just be very careful about the blending.


I used the same colors to create my messy little area behind my photo.  I sprayed some of the ink on to plastic packaging and smudged it down.  I also just splattered the ink.  I love how this turned out!


I got all the hearts adhered and then ran them through my sewing machine.  I used a few bits and pieces lying on my desk...this "love" piece is from The Cut Shoppe, and the stickers are from Cocoa Vanilla.


I used a CV paper behind my photo and around the edge of the layout, and I use a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.


I added some tangled thread as well as a scripty stamp on the background.


Be sure to check out the Shimmerz YouTube channel as well as my own channel to see more Shimmerz Shortz videos each week!

2 comments:

  1. Just love the hearts- the colors are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video and an even awesomer layout!! LOVE the watercolor hearts!!

    ReplyDelete