Thursday, May 5, 2016

Life is Better With You / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  Hope you are all doing great today :)  I have another layout for Hip Kit Club to share today.  I used the 2016 April Hip Kits for this, and it went up on the HKC Facebook page last week.  I was kind of intimidated by this bold Pinkfresh Studio Paper.  It's in the Main Kit & the Paper Kit, and it's very different.  I decided to take on the challenge and make a layout.  I have to say, I love how it turned out!  I used some white gesso to tone down those big red letters and came in with some blue watercolors.  Since my photos are pool pictures (sort of), I wanted to create some "water" on the page.  I quickly discovered after I made my background that with this large title already on the paper my photos had a natural place to go.


I have lots of different things going on here...I used one of the Amy Tangerine papers as a layer behind my photo as well as some tissue paper.  I cut the clip part off of the metal paper clip from Shimelle, and I treated it like a brad or a flair button with lots of tangled thread under it.  Those are in the Project Life Kit.  I continued my title using some of the transparent American Crafts alphas with the Pinkfresh Studio yellow puffy alphas.  I colored the Simple Stories wood veneer heart with some Shimmerz and then added my journaling.


I altered this Simple Stories ampersand wood veneer with some gold glitter embossing, some Shimmerz and some gelatos.  I fussy cut this Shimelle clear sticker and added it to the ampersand. I tried to mimic the stripes in Paige's swimsuit.


I seriously cannot get enough of aqua/teal, yellow and pink together.  It's the color combo I tend to gravitate toward, and half the time I don't even realize it...haha.  I created another yellow triangle in the lower left corner with a Project Life card and some of the No Yoking Shimmerz from the Color Kit.  I stitched through it and added one of the Pinkfresh Studio acetate words with one of the rubber charms.


The color.....eeeeeek!  So so pretty.  I fussy cut this piece from a Project Life card, which are all designed by the fabulous Kim Watson.  I popped it up and added another acetate word and an Amy Tangerine rub-on.  I also stitched through all those big red LIFE letters.


Okay, here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this layout.  I hope you get some inspiration from it!


Thanks so much for watching and for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Missy! I absolutely love how you used that bold background paper! Amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete