Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer Sunshine / My Mind's Eye

Hey friends, and Happy Wednesday!  I feel like it has been forever since I blogged.  We've been on vacation, and I'm back now :)  Today I have a new page for My Mind's Eye to share.  I decided to dig into a few older collections and mix them up.  This is made with the Jubilee Wild Berry and Sherbet lines.  I wanted to showcase this cute summer photo of my daughter, and all these fun colors were perfect. 

I chose a fun sun cut file from The Cut Shoppe and cut it on some yellow patterned paper from Sherbet, which is full of yellows and purples.  The "summer" cut file is also from The Cut Shoppe, and I used papers from both lines to back the letters.  Wild Berry is full of bright and bold colors, and I pulled some of the darker aquas, the darker pink and peachy colors from that.  I cut "sunshine" on my Cameo using a script font...I have forgotten the name, but I can look it up if you'd like to know what it's called.  I did a bit of inking on the white cardstock with plastic packaging, and I love how that turned out.  It's a nice contrast to the big yellow sun.


I love the My Colors Cardstock...the texture is amazing!  And it holds mixed media products really well.  I added some aqua and yellow thread behind the cut files for added color & texture.  I also used a yellow gelato to color the bottom of the "sunshine." 


I combined this big floral chipboard piece from Sherbet with the bright pink floral die cut from Wild Berry.  I love layering, and these flowers look so pretty together.


I rarely use purple on a page, but this collection is full of it.  And it's so pretty mixed in with the yellows and aquas, I think.  I added a mix of floral die cuts here along with a few fussy cut leaves, thread and some enamel dots.  I also did some stitching around the sun.


Here's one more close-up of the bottom area.  I added another chipboard floral piece and enamel dots.


I hope this inspires you to pull out two collections from the same company and mix them together on a layout.  It's so interesting to see the combinations...it's like a brand new collection you've created on your own!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your background work is amazing! Perfect with that sweet photo and sun cut file!

    ReplyDelete