Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Party Animal / Simple Stories

Hello again, and Happy Tuesday :)  I have another layout for Simple Stories to share with you today.  I combined the Let's Party collection with Sunshine & Happiness.  I never thought to combine these two until I really looked at the colors.  Although Let's Party is themed for actual parties, I decided to create a layout about my Party Animal of a child...haha :D

She's quite the silly kid as you can see from these photos.  These two collections fit her personality just right.  You can see what she does when I pull out the camera!  I used papers from both collections and punched circles from them.  I cut the circles in half and created these fun banners to string across the page.  When I think of parties, I think of banners, so this was perfect.  The Let's Party collection has some cows in it...and I love the "Let's Party 'til the Cows Come Home" phrase!  So I had to work some of them into the layout, and it fits my title very well :)


I fussy cut the spotted cow, and the red one is chipboard.  I staggered them facing the photo so it looks like they're looking at her. I added some thread and a heart die cut and finished the title using some of the S&H alpha stickers.


This is my favorite part of the whole page...the banners and this amazing glittery chipboard piece!  It nestled perfectly inside my circle banners.  And even though the glitter is flat, it looks so real and dimensional!  I stitched through all of the banners to make them look more realistic.  I did a small bit of watercoloring behind everything just to add some interest to the white background.  It's pretty light so it doesn't compete with the bright & bold colors.


More banners!  These are die cuts and chipboard.  They were the perfect size to layer under my photos. And yes, my daughter has chewed up Cheerios in her mouth...haha!  She doesn't care...she's always in the mood for silliness even with a mouth full of food.... :D
 
I layered one photo on top of the banners.  I didn't want to cover it all up...it was just so pretty!  I added a die cut sun from patterned paper, a brad and a cute smiley face sticker.  I added more pink and yellow with the tangled thread.


This page was a blast to make.  It still makes me smile when I see it.  I highly recommend getting creative and trying to mix and match your collections.  You never know what you might come up with!

Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment