Saturday, October 22, 2016

Cute Lil Ghouls / Shimmerz Education Team

Happy Saturday, friends!  I have a fun and festive Halloween layout for the Shimmerz Education Team to share today.  I used Shimmerz products from the new Halloween set, which includes two new Coloringz (Freshly Squeezed & Vivacious Violet, two Creameez (Crow's Feet & Lettuce Get Together) and Dazzlerz in Spun Sugar.  I also added in touches of Inklingz Good As Gold.  I was inspired by my daughters' shirts for my color scheme, and I began by creating the word "ghouls" for my big title.

I cut it on my Silhouette Cameo and then painted it before removing it from the cutting mat.  I didn't use a lot of liquid so it didn't harm my mat at all.  I used a brush, my finger to smudge color and the packaging technique to apply the messy color.  I love how it turned out, and it's the perfect title for these photos :)


I used lots of washi tape from my stash to create a frame around my photos and down below them to create a darker background for my title.  I used the same colors behind my photos using the packaging technique and splatters.  The embellishments & one patterned paper came from a really old cheap pack of goodies I found at Walmart a few years ago.


I did a little bit of light background stamping with black ink and some circle stamps just to give it a little more interest.  I also used lots of matching thread.  I thought these stickers & brads were really cute and went with the theme of the page.


Here's the other side of the layout.  I added that purple spider paper under the photos for an extra pop of color against the dark backgrounds of the photos.


Here's one more close-up look at the big title area.  I added some thread under it and then stitched through it all with shiny gold thread.  I smudged some Coloringz A Shade of Gray down below it and then added my journaling.


Here's the top of the page...you can see the stamping, stitching and washi tape.  Sometimes it's fun to combine all kinds of products together :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Remember to mention my name when you place an order in the Shimmerz store.  You'll get a FREE product of your choice!

1 comment: