Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hello I Am So Sweet / Simple Stories

Hey friends!  Hope you are all doing well :)  I have another layout for Simple Stories to share today.  I used the Posh collection for this, and I used a lot of the washi tapes.  I didn't use any of the patterned papers.  This is a fun thing about washi tapes...you can create your own bits of pattern :)  I punched several sized circles from some scrap cardstock and then covered them all with the washi tapes.  I created a vertical design with them and then used one of the 3x4 Snap cards as the big focal element.  I layered my photo over that and added Fundamentals alpha stickers to finish the title.  I used some Prima Oil Pastels and some Shimmerz to create the smudges and watercolor look in between all the circles.


I really love how this turned out!  I machine stitched through most of the circles with coordinating colors of thread in a cross pattern.  I embellished with various stickers, brads and chipboard stickers.  I love how the smudges of color look on the background...it was fun mixing the mediums to get just the right colors.


Here's another angle of the circles.  I love this mix of navy blue here...it contrasts so nicely with the coral, teal and yellow.  In my previous layout with this collection, I didn't use any navy blue, so it was fun to bring that color in here.


I raised my photo up using foam and then fussy cut this floral tag piece from a Snap card.  I used my craft knife to slice around some of the flowers so they could overlap the edges of the photo.  I added some tangled thread and some shiny gold clear stickers.  I love how all these products create such fabulous texture and detail.


I decided to use this Snap card as my title area and just fill in the rest of it with stickers.  It made the design come along a lot quicker and it was easier to create my title.  I love using the Snap cards on my layouts because they really help come up with some great ideas that I wouldn't normally think of.  

Here's one more close-up of the title area.  More brads, circles, stitching...love it all!


Here's the process video for this page...I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas to try on your next page!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment