Sunday, October 16, 2016

It's Not the Home / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, and Happy Sunday!  Today I'm back sharing a layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 October Hip Kits.  They are SOOOOO pretty....I can't stand it!  As soon as I saw those cute little houses from the We R Memory Keepers Honey I'm Home collection in the Embellishment Kit, I knew I had to create a home-themed layout.  I found a great quote on Pinterest and cut it on some white cardstock (from the Cardstock Kit) on my Cameo.  I created two clusters in opposite corners using those adorable house die cuts.  I used some of the Shimmerz Texturez from the Color Kit on the background as well as some of the Prima Oil Pastels from the August Color Kit to bring in some of the navy blue.  I combined goodies from Simple Stories on this page as well.


I think my favorite part about this cluster (besides the photo) is the dimension.  I added foam under it all, and it creates such a great shadow.  I added some navy blue thread, a few stickers and some shiny gold machine stitching.  That cute wood veneer piece added even more dimension...but not enough that this layout can't still fit into a page protector.


Here's the bottom cluster.  You can see those beautiful WRMK rub-ons, which go on very smoothly.  I paired that with a Simple Stories flower cluster sticker, another WRMK die cut and wood veneer heart and a piece fussy cut from a Project Life card.


Aren't these the prettiest colors?  I'm usually not one to use cutsey die cuts like this because I can never seem to make them work for me.  But these houses just blew me away and I had to use them!  Plus they are awesome for a family-type layout.


I backed all those letters individually with various patterned papers from the Main Kit & Paper Kit.  I lightly traced around the inside of each one with a pencil to make them pop a bit more.  These colors look so pretty together, and I loved using one of my favorite go-to techniques...backing a cut file with paper!


Here's one last close-up.  Again, the dimension created with the foam is really cool.  You're able to layer things a lot easier and really make things just pop off the page.


You can check out my process video if you're interested...hopefully you can get some fun ideas to do with your Hip Kits1


Thanks so much for visiting me, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Missy! You're wonderful ... really, really, really I love your designs. This is gorgeous! so precious. I hope you had a great vacation.
    Hugs from mexico

    ReplyDelete