Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Bella Blvd / Ho Ho Ho

Hello again!  I know I've been on a roll the past several days...I have been super busy creating projects.  Today I'm sharing my newest Christmas layout for Bella Blvd featuring the super adorable Holly Jolly Christmas collection.  It is full of fun and bright colors, and even though it contains lots of pinks and aquas, it still has the traditional reds & greens.  The embellishments are adorable, and it's a really playfully fun line.

I started out by cutting Ho Ho Ho on my Cameo in white cardstock.  I just found a font from my computer that I liked and sized one of them larger.  My idea was to back the large "O" with my photo, and it worked out perfectly.  I used patterned papers to back the other letters and created a vertical design with my photo in the center.  I used some Shimmerz sprays on the background in aqua and pink since I knew my photo had a lot of red in it.  I also used some modeling paste through a small circle stencil to create even more texture on the background.  It also reminds me of snow :) 

I embellished with lots of stickers, die cuts, washi stickers, punched circles and a few Tabbies on the side.  I really love how it turned out!


So all the colorful little circles were punched from patterned paper using a 1/2-inch circle punch.  I scattered them around like confetti for little pops of color.  I used a few strips of the Washi Stickers here as well.  I added a few festive stickers right onto the die cut and then added another die cut tree to the right of the photo. I did add some foam behind the big "Ho" to raise it up.


Here I combined lots of cute heart stickers with some of the Washi Stickers.  You can also see the background texture and color a little closer.  I did add my favorite thing....tangled thread :)


More lovely background color & texture here.  I did add some green splatters as well here and there.  That cute Santa circle is a washi sticker that I put white cardstock behind and then cut out.


I did not add foam to the smaller "Ho" die cuts, so I adhered them right to the background and machine stitched through them.  Red is such a bold (and bloody...haha!) color, so I used it in small doses like in the thread and this little 25 sticker.  Plus my photo has plenty of red in it, so I didn't want to go overboard with it.


Here's one more close-up of all the fun papers, thread and background work.  This was so much fun to make!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Tuesday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the big HO, HO, HO! Great layout as always. Merry Christmas to you and your family Missy!

    ReplyDelete