Monday, December 5, 2016

She's Doing it Again / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday!  I'm back today to share another layout I created for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 November Hip Kits.  I'm loving everything about these beautiful kits this month!  Everything is just so pretty and works so well together.  I started this layout by using one of the exclusive member sketches over in the forum.  It sort of took on a life of its own as I went, but that's where my design idea began.  I used white cardstock as my base and the front and back of one of Kim Watson's exclusive papers from the December Documented Kit.  I cut two blocks and adhered it to the cardstock.  I smudged white gesso over a lot of it and then used some of the Shimmerz from the Color Kit.  My assignment for this was to use the Color Kit, and I used all three pieces.

My photo is of my little wild child who was (and still is) obsessed with getting into the tree water...haha.  Every time we'd turn our heads, she would sneak back in there and try to get into it.  So the title of this page became our motto :)



None of the techniques I used on this page are brand new...I used the packaging technique as well as splattering with the Shimmerz.  I used the Echo Park lined stencil with the Foiled Again Dazzlerz to create some lined texture.  I used the Coloringz Well Blue Me Down, which is this gorgeous blue-based aqua color.  I also brought in a few pink tones as well.  I used most of the snowflake die cuts from the kits as well as a piece of the exclusive washi tape.  The washi stars are also exclusive.


Aren't these alphas awesome?  I love how they look here.  I just stacked them up to create a big title and added a few exclusive phrase pieces & die cuts.  I right justified everything to line up with the edge of the light wood grain paper.  I also did some machine stitching along the edges.


I love these snowflakes!  I live in Florida, so we never get snow...but it was fun to create this wintry page anyway :)  I added in several of the exclusives ones as well as the Crate Paper ones.  I used some of the light blue tissue paper that our kits come wrapped in behind my photo as well as a few of the DD 3x4 cards.


Lots going on here...several more snowflakes, lots of phrase stickers & die cuts, some Pinkfresh Washi Tape, an exclusive flair button with tangled thread, exclusive sequins and more lovely stitching.


Here you can see the lines from the stencil and the texture paste.  I love this silver color.  It's very subtle yet gives great texture, shine and sparkle.  I also added in one of the Crate Paper clips over on the left side.  I just slid it in and glued it down under the photo.


Here's one more close up of the bottom area.  There are so many of these awesome phrase pieces this month!  These all fit this photo and memory perfectly :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping in....have a great day and week!


No comments:

Post a Comment