Thursday, January 5, 2017

Lovely Summer Day / Bella Blvd + Process Video

Happy Thursday, friends!  January is in full swing...so hard to believe :O  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  This week we are "throwing it back" and using up older scraps.  Out with the old so we can bring the new (goodies)!  I pulled out some papers from the Illustrated Faith Whatever is Lovely collection that I had previously cut into for other projects.  The "Lovely" paper is covered in these beautiful butterflies, so I decided to fussy cut them out.  I also fussy cut "lovely" for my title from the Praiseworthy paper.

I used white cardstock for my base and covered a lot of the area with clear gesso.  I used some of the Illustrated Faith Shanna's Favorites Watercolors to create those pretty splotches and splatters behind the butterflies.  My idea was to have the butterflies look as if they were flying out from behind the photo.  My daughter looks like she's watching them. 


I've learned to always look closely at patterned papers.  You never know when there might be something you can cut out and use as an embellishment or a design piece.  This "lovely" piece makes a great title, and because it's so big, it also makes a big statement.  Here you can see lots of texture created from the butterfly wings.  I used some black thread to stitch through all of their bodies.  To finish my title, I combined some Homespun alphas with some Tiny Text alphas.  I also did a bit of machine stitching.


I love how the butterflies turned out!  Fussy cutting does take time and patience.  I enjoy it, honestly.  I don't like to rush my projects...creating them is the fun part!  So I don't mind doing things that take time like this.  I love how it turned out, and the colors are so pretty.


I added a few papers behind my photo as well as some phrase stickers.  This black dotted paper is from Color Chaos, and the stickers are from Fresh Market.  Bella has so many cute little odds and ends sticker sheets!


I don't scrap with red a lot, but I love how it looks mixed in with these other colors.  I found this perfectly matching scalloped border sticker from Illustrated Faith She Blooms Treasures & Text sticker sheet.  I love the pop of red it gives down in this area.  I added a few more stickers from some of the Little Bits sheets & Trinkets stickers as well as some tangled thread.


Here's one more look at the butterflies and background...it turned out so pretty!


Here's my process video for this...I show how I created this from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!


Thank you so much for stopping in today!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment