Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Bloom / Paige Evans Design Team

It's me again....I'm back!  I have a new layout up on the Paige Evans Blog today, and this week we are all about stitching.  There have been some really beautiful Pink Paislee Oh My Heart cut files added to the Silhouette Store recently, and I just had to use one as a stitching template.  I used a Sketch Pen in my Cameo and drew the shapes.  I punched little holes all through the lines and then hand stitched with different colors of embroidery thread.  It did take me over the course of three days to get it all stitched, but the end result was worth it!  I used gelatos and some Shimmerz Paints to color inside the flowers and leaves.  It was a lot of fun adding all the shading.

I used mostly embellishments for this page.  I used some Oh My Heart Ephemera, Chipboard Stickers and a Puffy Sticker.  I also used some of the Take Me Away Chipboard Stickers and Ephemera.


I think this turned out absolutely beautiful!  I love the awesome texture the stitching gives.  It was fun coloring and smudging the gelatos to create different shades.  I also used a tiny brush with my Shimmerz to add even more lights and darks.


I layered in two frames behind my photo...one from each collection.  I layered in some of the Oh My heart flower die cuts and a cute Puffy Sticker.  I fussy cut a few of the small orange flowers from Paper 13, which was left over from my previous layout.  I went simple with my title and used the colorful Oh My Heart Thickers.


I used three different colors of thread for the leaves just to make it a little more interesting.  I love that once you have an area stitched, it makes the rest of the layout come together pretty quickly.  It's a fixed design and you can't move it around, so it limits what you can do on the rest of the page.


Here's a closer look at all those layered flowers...so pretty!  For my background here, I used some of the gelatos and Shimmerz again with some plastic packaging to create some smudges and splotches behind my photo area.


And one final close-up of that gorgeous flower.  I really love adding color, texture and dimension to my pages...it makes all the difference :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out how I made this...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks again for stopping by!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment