Monday, March 13, 2017

If You Think My Hands Are Full / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 February Hip Kits for this, and I created a fun grid design. I decided to start with the geometric heart cut file designed by fellow DT member Zinia. I cut it four times on my Cameo using four different patterned papers from the Main Kit & Paper Kit.  I used some of the Fountain cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my base, and I did some fun mixed media work on it.  I smudged down a lot of white gesso first to prime it and to give me a little bit of white area.  I used some of the Shimmerz AcriTonez from the Color Kit as well as some sprays from my stash (and older Color Kits) to create the watercolor look.  I built clusters on each heart using lots of fussy cut pieces as well as stickers and chipboard pieces.


I think this is the prettiest color combination!  The Paper Kit included a specialty paper from the Paige Evans Oh My Heart collection, and I fussy cut out the words "If you think my hands are full you should see my heart."  I split it up into two clusters and paired it with some of the blue gradient Thickers.  I fussy cut some of the beautiful butterflies from the Maggie Holmes Crate Paper paper as well.  I also did lots of metallic gold stitching.


I used some patterned papers and die cuts as layers behind my photos as well as some tissue paper and fun foam for dimension.  I love all the floral elements in these kits!  They're the perfect embellishment...especially next to my sweet photo :)


I just love the rose gold in the title work here...it's so shiny and pretty!  These Thickers are so awesome...and they're pretty thin, so they were easy to stitch through.  Here I added a fun plus sign banner sticker from the Maggie Holmes sticker sheet, and you can see I used another gorgeous floral and more layers under the other photo.


I love how this background turned out.  The blues and mints look so nice mixed in with the pinks and greens.  And I did add some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  We got that in a Color Kit over a year ago, I believe.  That never goes out of style, right?!


My favorite part about these fussy cut butterflies is bending the wings up.  If you just glue down the center of them, the wings will pop up and give a nice dimensional look.  I added a few small chipboard hearts and some rose gold stickers from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book.


Here's one final close-up...lots of beautiful color and texture going on :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it all out...I hope it inspires you!


Thank you soooooo much for visiting me today!  Have an awesome day!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute and love how colorful it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched your video and is Always super clear....it seems easy and simple but your projects are so Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete