Thursday, March 9, 2017

Throw Kindness Around / Bella Blvd + a Video!

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  This week we are celebrating Words Matter Week, and I decided to center my journaling inside  few large die cut stars.  I used the new Illustrated Faith Basics collection for this.  I just love this awesome dotted background paper.  The sentiment on it inspired me, and it made me think of stars.  I used some of the patterned papers to cut the stars, which is a cut file from the Silhouette Store.  I used a lot of white gesso on the background before adding some watercolors.  Our product focus this week is Puffy Stickers, so I added lots of Puffy Star Stickers all over the page.


I just love the colors in this collection!  They're so bright and fun.  How adorable are the Puffy Stars?  I wanted to create the idea of "confetti" with them.  I used a few floral die cuts as layers here and added in some blue tangled thread.  I also machine stitched through the centers of the three large die cut stars.


I used a few of the floral die cuts here and there, and I popped them up with some foam adhesive.  Again, I added some tangled thread for added color & texture along with more Puffy Stars.  For my journaling, I printed it out on some vellum.  I didn't want to completely cover the background, and writing with a pen over gesso can sometimes be a disaster.  This way I can clearly read the text and still see the watercolor background.


Here's another floral die cut, more Puffy Stars and lots of stitching :)


I really love how this turned out.  I love that you can still faintly see the dots under the gesso.  I also love the texture and interest the stitching creates.


Here's one more close-up of the photo area.  I love this picture of my daughter :)  I added in a cute black & white arrow die cut here and more tangled thread.


Here's my process video for this layout...I hope you enjoy and gain some inspiration!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  

3 comments:

  1. This is just so spectactular, and just the inspiration that I need. Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I loved it when I saw it on FB.

    ReplyDelete