Friday, April 21, 2017

So Sweet / Trimcraft + A Flair For Buttons

Hey friends!  I'm back today to share another layout I created as a guest for Trimcraft.  I'm also using a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.  I used the Storyteller paper pad for this, which is available in Michael's stores.  I only had the paper pad to work with, so I added in some embellishments from my stash.  Since I wound up with a busy and colorful design, I went light on the embellishments.  Flair buttons are always my go-to items for embellishing, and I had the perfect one for this page!

I used the Rosette cut file from Just Nick and backed it with lots of patterned papers.  The colors are so vibrant and the patterns are really cool.  There is a lot of gold glitter accents as well.  I love how these roses turned out!  I used a purple patterned paper as my background.  I smudged a lot of white gesso around the edges of the cut file with my fingers so it would create a faded look.  I used some Shimmerz and gelatos to create the watercolor effect coming out from behind everything.


All the sequins I added around the page are from SpiegelMom Scraps.  I love how they give small yet beautiful detail.  I also added some foam under the cut file to create a lot of dimension...and what a difference it makes!


Here you can see the pretty sequins as well as the shiny gold elements.  To bring out more of the gold, I added some splatters of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  Look how awesome it reflects on the purple paper!


Here's my cute purple heart flair button.  It's from the Just Hearts 2 flair set, and I added some aqua thread under it for a pop of color.  I also added some vellum and a scrap piece of patterned paper under my photo.


I couldn't resist adding some metallic gold thread under the roses :)  That "shine on" sticker is from a MAMBI sticker book.  All the fun epoxy stickers are from the Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine collection.


Here's another angle of the cut file...such pretty colors!


I went simple with the title.  I pulled out some older pink glitter Thickers from my stash and traced around them with a white gel pen.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this was made...I hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend, friends!

2 comments:

  1. They sell this at the shop I work at. Now I will have to go back and have another look! this is just a wonderful colourful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darling! You're fantastic, you make it look so easy, but you have a unique touch, this layout is beautiful as always Missy

    ReplyDelete