Thursday, April 27, 2017

These Are Good Times / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back again today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I mean it when I say that I just love every single thing about the Make a Wish collection.  The colors are right up my alley, and these watercolor flowers are gorgeous.  I did use a patterned paper from the Love Always collection, but everything else is from Make a Wish.

I started with an enlarged leaf cut file from the Cocoa Vanilla store.  I cut it on white cardstock and then painted it with a few shades of green Shimmerz.  On my background, I added lots of white gesso to fade away some of the background pattern and give me a white base.  I used some blue, yellow and orange Shimmerz over it.  My photo is a perfect match with all the pink and yellow, so I fussy cut a lot of the watercolor flowers to scatter around the picture and leaf cut file.  I also used a lot of die cut and vellum flowers from the collection.


Just look at these colors....so stunning!  I layered a lot of the flowers in and around the leaf and photo and then added some tangled thread.  I used green thread to machine stitch all around the leaf.  I love the detail and texture that gives.  I layered in a flair button, a sticker and a chipboard arrow.


For my title, I fussy cut "LOVE" from a patterned paper and layered a sentiment sticker over it.  I added a strip of foam under the sticker to raise it up and added some yellow thread under it all before gluing it down.  My journaling fit nicely right underneath the title.  I love those little fussy cut flowers...it's so much fun to create your own embellishments from paper!


I wish I had an entire pack of these vellum flowers...they are just so pretty.  I know I sound like a broken record, but I just love these colors together and how the background looks.


More beautiful colors!  I layered some tissue paper and patterned paper under my photo as well as some foam.


Here's one more close up of the texture, dimension and detail.


I do have a process video if you'd like to check out how I made this page.  I hope you enjoy!



Thank you so much!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I could watch your videos all day! So beautiful, filled with easy and fun techniques! I wish you had a son so I could get inspiration for boy layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete