Thursday, July 27, 2017

Love That Smile / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I decided to create something a little different here, and I mixed and matched a few collections.  I used You Rock, Life is Beautiful and Make a Wish.  They came together beautifully :)  I also used one of the CVS exclusive cut files from the Colour Me Happy line.  I cut lots of XOs on various papers from the three collections.  The wood grain background is from You Rock, and I decided to jazz it up with matching colors using some paints and watercolors.

I coated the center portion of the background with some yellow acrylic paint.  I used a palette knife to smear it down and then let it dry.  I came over that with lots of Shimmerz Paints...I used some of the AcriTonez as well as some sprays and other watercolors.  I wanted to echo all the colors in the papers, and I think it turned out really pretty.


I love how these die cut and embellishment layers turned out!  They created some really awesome dimension.  I used some die cuts from Life is Beautiful, a flair button from Make a Wish and some wood veneer from You Rock.  I love how everything looks against the background here.


I added in a wood veneer word from Life is Beautiful here.  I tucked in a few floral die cuts from that collection under the photos here.


I broke up the area in the center of the photos and added this fun circle sticker from Make a Wish.  I added some foam under it, and it serves as the title.


Here's another look at the background.  It's so much fun to create a messy background like this from scratch.  You can customize with whatever color scheme you want :)


I wanted the big blue XO to show more even though the photos were on top of them, so I layered the first photo under the bottom part of the X.  I layered in a label sticker here under the end photo for a pop of yellow.


Layers!  I can't say enough about layering.  I'm all about creating texture and dimension, so layering is a great way to get that.  I did add a bit of tissue paper under my photos as well as some tangled thread.  I put in another flair button and die cut piece up top from Life is Beautiful.


Here is one more close-up just because I love it :)


I hope this has inspired you in some way.  Mixing and matching collections is a great way to get a fun and unique look!  Give it a go :)  Check out my process video if you'd like to watch this layout in action :)



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment