Sunday, November 12, 2017

You / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Sunday, friends!  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection.  I can’t resist using all the beautiful florals, so I went with a floral theme.  I cut a fun flower cut file on white cardstock and used a lot of the Beautiful Mess paper and 6×6 Paper Pad to back it.  I just wanted a bold and colorful bloom of flowers coming off the page.  I used the Flower Child striped paper as my background and coated a big portion of it with white acrylic paint and white gesso to blend out some of the stripes.  I used lots of watercolors on top of that to create a nice artsy background.  I wanted it to peek out around the flowers and in between the gaps.  I tucked my photo underneath a flower and layered some die cuts and stickers around it.



I decided to add a bit of hand stitching to the centers of most of the flowers.  I love the added texture this gives.  I went through the Die Cut Ephemera and added a few flowers and leaves around the page.  I raised the cut file off the page by adding some adhesive foam under it.

sdfg

Here I tucked in a Flair Button and some soft pink thread.  Under the photo I added an Accessory Sticker and Chipboard Accent Sticker.  There are so many bits and pieces in this collection!


I went simple with the title and used one of the white Chipboard Title Stickers.  I left it white since there were so many colors surrounding it.  It stands out against them.  I added a few more die cut flowers and a chipboard butterfly.


I seriously can’t get over how pretty these colors are.  It’s hard to narrow down a color scheme because I just want to use them ALL!  So I do…haha!


Here’s one last close-up of the top area of the photo.  I cut a few die cut label pieces in half and used them as layers and used a few of the Accessory Stickers.  I also used one of the Clear Stamps above the photo.


I hope this inspires you in some way.  This collection is so pretty, and despite all these colors, you can narrow it down and do fewer colors.  I’ve seen other DT layouts using just blues or just purples.  I just can’t help myself from using them all!  Be sure to check out my process video if you’d like to see how I made this.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fun scrappy week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment