Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Fantastic Times / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I’m so excited to be returning to the Design Team for another term!  I made a mixed media layout featuring the 2018 February Kits.  I have been itching to use this beautiful coral/orange striped paper from Pinkfresh Studio (Main Kit) as a background, so I did that for this page.  It took many twists and turns, but I love how it looks.  I covered a lot of the right side with white gesso.  This helps protect the paper and allows me to add a lot of water with the paints and to be able to blend and smudge everything together easier.  I used the Dylusions and Distress Oxide from the Color Kit as well as a few other paints from previous Color Kits.


I used the packaging technique here as my brush to create splatters.  I wound up adding the inks and sprays and then spritzing it with water to make it blend and run together even more.  I added some adhesive foam and tissue paper behind my photos and staggered them.  I used some of the Paige Evans Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers from the Main Kit and Rub-Ons from the Embellishment Kit as well as some Pinkfresh Studio Epoxy Stickers and Puffy Stickers.


I used some of the Amy Tangerine Puffy Stickers for my title, and I love the colors!  This wound up having a rainbow color scheme in the end, and I am perfectly cool with that!  Here are a few goodies from Paige Evans and Pinkfresh Studio.


I love how the inks, paints and sprays turned out.  I think adding gesso first really makes a difference.  This blue is a bit of the Peacock Feathers & Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides mixed with a bit of Shimmerz Jeni B Bleu.  I cut up a small Pinkfresh Studio phrase sticker here at the top.


More Paige Evans and Pinkfresh Studio goodies here.  I love the pop of color they give against the white and blue on the background.


I fussy cut this cute camera a few weeks ago from a Project Life card but wound up not using it.  So I pulled it out, and it was perfect for this page.


Here’s one last close-up of the colorful background.


I hope this inspires you to get a little messy on your next page!  I highly recommend the monthly Color Kits.  The products will last you a while, and you will build up quite the stash of mixed media items.  Shimmerz Paints of all kinds, Distress Oxides, acrylic paints, watercolors…so many awesome things you can collect and use over and over again!

Here is my process video for this page… I hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment: