Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Love Thursdays / Hip Kit Club

Hello, and Happy Tuesday!   I have a new layout to share for the Hip Kit Club featuring the 2018 February Hip Kits.  This week’s theme is Flowers & Butterflies, and I think I used more butterflies than flowers…haha!  I began by fussy cutting some of the butterflies from the Maggie Holmes Flourish paper from the Main Kit.  I also used the Color Kit on my background.  I used the floral stencil from the Color Kit first along with some of the Shimmerz Paste-eez from a past Color Kit.  I went over that with the Lemon Acrylic Paint and the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide.  I also blended in a bit of  the Jeni B Bleu & Well Blue Me Down Shimmerz sprays from previous Color Kits as well as some of the Sweetheart Vibez.  I love how the background turned out!


These cute butterfly cut files are under March Cut Files on the Hip Kit website.  I cut a few in white cardstock, and I like the white-on-white look.  It creates texture without adding a lot more color.  I machine stitched little trails from all of the butterflies on the page.


 I tucked one of the butterflies under the corner of the photo here.  I added in one of the fussy cut butterflies and some die cuts from Paige Evans and Pinkfresh Studio.  I fussy cut this little circle element from one of the Project Life cards.  I also added in a small green heart puffy sticker from Amy Tangerine and a wood veneer flower from Pinkfresh Studio.


This is another March cut file.  It’s a cute frame with this floral stem attached.  I created an ombre look by backing it with different shades of green patterned paper.


On the left of the photo I tucked in another butterfly and added in a few yellow hearts.  I tucked in some tangled thread here in blue and pink to add pops of those colors in that area.  I also stitched around the edges of the frame.


Here’s another look at all the awesome texture and dimension from all the layering.


For my title, I combined some of the large gold glitter Thickers with some of the small Paige Evans navy blue Mini Thickers.  I added a small leaf Leatherette Sticker from Pinkfresh Studio under it along with my journaling.  That pretty pink butterfly is a Paige Evans Rub-On from the Embellishment Kit.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next page!  It’s so much fun creating your own background with the Color Kit!  Give it a go next time :)    I have a process video here if you’d like to see how this layout came together from start to finish.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Missy, I love your creations and I regularly watch your videos. I make scrapbooking myself since 2013, but only lately I have created my blog and now I am so passionate that I scrapbook almost every day, at least for little time. I would like to ask you, if I can, when and how you started scrapbooking and after how much time you entered your first design team. I guess that in order to be part of a DT you need to have already many followers... right? By the way, I love love your work for Shimmerz, congrats and bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Missy,Thank you for your time to read my message.
    My name is Seeya,Amazon seller.I think my products are definitely fit your YouTube channel style.
    I am offering kinds of pens on amazon.
    Would you kindly help?
    Here is my email: parkoo711kl@gmail.com
    Any questions, please feel free to contact me.Looking forward to hearing you soon.
    Thank you and best regards.
    Yours,
    Seeya

    ReplyDelete