Thursday, March 8, 2018

Two Silly Girls / Studio Calico Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing my final layout for Studio Calico as the March Guest Designer.  I used the Bookmarked Kit, Pen Name Kit and some of the monthly stamps on this page.  I kept this one pretty simple and sweet.  I used the sheet of kraft cardstock as my base and cut the words "silly girls" on my Cameo.  I used the Impact font.  I backed the letters with the patterned papers in the kit and then embellished with several goodies.

I used light blue acrylic paint behind my photos.  I scraped it on with a palette knife ad then added some white, black and gold ink splatters. 


I love creating large titles like this because it gives you a starting point.  Once your title and main design is complete, you only have so much room left to arrange your photos.  I stacked mine on the right side since we were looking to the left.  Here you can see that I machine stitched through the words with gold thread for some added shine and texture.  I added a few of the light blue alpha stickers and stamp right above that.


I fussy cut a few small scalloped borders from one of the 4x6 cards for a little detail here and at the bottom of the photos.  I also added a few of the Maggie Holmes Crate Paper phrase stickers.


I added a bit of pink and yellow color here with some tangled thread from my stash.  I also punch a few yellow and white hearts from one of the papers.


I used one of the epoxy word stickers here as well as more of the Maggie Holmes stickers and another fussy cut scalloped border.


I love all of these pretty colors together...so soft and beautiful!  I traced lightly around the edges with a black pen to make them stand out a bit more.


Here's one final close-up of the big title.


Thanks for checking out my layout...I had a blast working with Studio Calico this month!  Thank you so much to all the awesome ladies over there for having me!

See you tomorrow with a new layout for Paige Evans!

No comments:

Post a Comment