Saturday, May 5, 2018

Dancing With the Stars / Paige Evans DT for NSD

It's the weekend!!  And it's National Scrapbooking Day!  And it's Cinco de Mayo!  Does it get any better??!!  I'm kind of excited about all of this...haha!  I have a fun and colorful layout to share today especially for NSD.  It's for the Paige Evans Design Team, and all of the DT girls created pages featuring either the Pick-Me-Up Specialty Vellum or the 2x2 Paper Pads.  I used both.

I began with Paige's Cut & Fold Stars cut file.  I resized and rearranged the stars to create an overlapping cluster.  I cut it on white cardstock and then used the 2x2 Paper Pad papers to back the open areas of the stars.  The cool thing about this cut file is that the other half folds over.  I wanted to add lots of color behind the white fold over parts, so I used some gelatos, Shimmerz & Distress Oxides to do that.  I smudged the gelatos with my hands, used the packaging technique with the Shimmerz and used the foam ink blending tool to smudge the Distress Oxides.  I also added lots of splatters.  Once it was all dry, I used various thread colors to machine stitched through the centers of the stars.

Oh!  My photos :)  If you are a DWTS fan, you'll know who these ladies are.  My mom, sister and I went to DWTS Live back in 2016 and got to meet some of the dancers before the show.  This is Lindsay and Emma, who have both won the Mirror Ball!  Very sweet girls, and it was so cool to meet them.


I really love how these stars turned out.  This is a great way to get lots of colors & patterns on a page without it being too overwhelming.  To add a bit of detail around the stars, I used a white jelly roll pen to roughly trace around the stars.


I used the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers in white for my title, but I added a bit of gold ink to the bottom. I love the shine this gives and makes them pop off the white background a bit more.  I also added a star button on top of the photos, which is from the Pick-Me-Up Haberdashery pack.


I created a little cluster down on the bottom left using a piece I cut from the Specialty Vellum (look at that gold shine!), a Pick-Me-Up Rub-On, and a few stickers from Paige's 30-page #StickerBook.  I added some foam behind the bigger piece to create some dimension along with some yellow thread.


I went through the 30-page #StickerBook and found lots of little star stickers, so I used all of them around the page as well.  I used a few pieces of paper from the 6x6 Paper Pad behind the photos as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.


Color, dimension and texture...three of my favorite things to create!


Here you can see how adding layers and adhesive foam really lifts things off the page.  It makes it so much more dimensional and not so flat.  It's hard to see, but I did add a bit of color at the bottom of the page.  I cut a crooked line out of the background and backed it with the rainbow packaging that comes in the Mini-Thickers.  It's perfect for using on your projects, too! 


This "WOW" piece is also from the Specialty Vellum.


And one more picture of the all those stars just because! :D


I hope this inspires you in some way!  I hope you're having a great scrappy weekend and participating in lots of challenges.  I've seen a ton of things going on, so get in on the action somewhere :)  I have a video here if you'd like to see how I put all this together:



Thanks for stopping in, and have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment