Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Sunny Days / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2018 April Hip Kits, and I focused on fussy cutting and layering.  I've been itching to create a bright, sunny pool layout, so that's what I did :)  I was inspired by the bold and tropical floral exclusive puffy stickers from the Main Kit.  I fussy cut some large pink flowers from a Crate Paper sheet as well as some leaves.  I mixed and matched all the flowers to create a fun tropical look.

I spent a lot of time on the background.  I used a sheet of the Pinkini cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I coated a big vertical area with white gesso first.  I used the two Distress Oxides from the Color Kit as well as a few other colors from previous Color Kits to create all that beautiful color.  I applied it dry with a foam blending tool and then added water with a brush.  I let the colors run and pool together and then added splatters.


Layering is a great way to create dimension and depth.  I love to layer things under the photos, on top of the photos and in between the photos.  I am always careful to make sure I'm not covering up anything important in the photo.  I am loving all of these colors together!  I used a bit of pink thread here to add texture and finished it off with some of the puffy dot stickers.


Here's the other side...more layered flowers and stickers.  Here's how I came up with my background color scheme:  if you look at my pictures, you'll see that they're mostly all blue and green.  I wanted those colors to pop off the page, so I didn't add any blues or greens to the background.  If had added lots of blue to the background instead of pink, the photos would blend in and not be as striking.


I used some packaging from the exclusive alpha puffy stickers behind this photo as well as some tissue paper.  I jazzed up the ombre puffy stickers from the Embellishment Kit here with the pink Distress Oxides.  I love how they turned out!  I used a gold pen for journaling and then added the date.


Here's another look at all the layers.


The Distress Oxides react so beautifully with water.  Letting the colors fun and pool together creates such a cool effect.  I did add some gold Color Shine as well.


One more close-up just because :)


I hope this inspires you to try fussy cutting and layering on your next layout.  I had a lot of fun making this!  I have a video here if you're up for watching it :)



Also, did you know that Hip Kit Club has it's own YouTube Channel?  All the DT girls rotate uploading videos there every Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment