Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sweet / Hip Kit Club NSD 2018

Happy Sunday, friends!  I'm back to share a layout I created for Hip Kit Club's NSD Online Crop.  My challenge was to use a cut file & mixed media, which are two of my favorite things :)  Today is the final day of challenges, and anyone participating needs to have all their projects uploaded to the correct albums by tomorrow night (Monday).  There is still plenty of time to join in!  Go HERE.

I used one of the new May subscriber cut files (coming soon!) and the 2018 April Hip Kits.  I cut the branches on white cardstock and then before peeling it off the mat, I smudged white gesso over it.  I used art crayons and Distress Oxides to color the branches and flowers.  I used some Shimmerz spray inks to color the inside flower pieces.  To jazz up my white cardstock background, I mixed some light blue acrylic paint with white gesso.  I scraped it on with a palette knife.  I used a bit of Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide in a few places to give it a little color variation and then added lots of splatters.


I layered my photos under a few of the branches.  I wanted to fill in some of the open flowers, so I did that in a few spots.  I added some tiny pieces of foam adhesive under some of them to raise them off the page.  For my title I used a piece from the kit...this is one of the metallic gold Thickers.


Here you can see how some of the flowers have dimension.  I love how this turned out.  I used matching Shimmerz sprays to add splatters.  I also watered down some white acrylic paint for the white splatters, and pulled out the gold Color Shine as well.


I used a Pick-Me-Up floral die cut here under the photos for more flowers and pops of color.


I used a gold metallic pen to write my journaling.


I used this adorable puffy butterfly sticker from the exclusive Hip Kit puffy stickers.  So pretty!  I machine stitched a trail using white thread.  Around the photos, I used more floral stickers from the kits.  This one is a layered piece from Pebbles.


I really think I could scrap with flowers and/or butterflies for the remainder of eternity and be perfectly happy about it...haha!


I used some of the Project Life cards to layer behind my photos as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  Hop on over to the Hip Kit Club FB Group and see all the amazing inspiration.  And be sure to check out my process video if you have time:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment